maandag, mei 31, 2010

 

Mouse speak 13


Reworking of this picture from this website.Click on the picture to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010.

[In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use the search engine Alltheweb to find pictures for me. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have the search engine find pictures for me. Usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.]

Time to move on to a real word. I typed ‘acacia’ to see what kind of pictures my search engine would find for me. It was not really astonishing it found quite a lot of pictures about trees. More specifically of course acacia trees. But there was also a series of pictures about tomb-stones in a Chicago cemetery and there were also quite some maps.

But let’s start with the acacia trees. I chose a picture of an acacia in a dry African landscape. It is not a brilliant picture but it shows everything which is remarkable in such a landscape: thorny acacias which provide some shade, thorny scrubs, yellow grass and sun-baked arid dusty soil. And a blue sky with some clouds that will evaporate before they have the slightest idea of losing their rain.
Looking at the picture i found there is a quaint resemblance between the clouds and the acacias. They are the main actors in the picture, they both exist and grow in spite of the aridity of the landscape and against all odds. I gave them the burning red colour that would suit them more.

BP

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook