donderdag, april 01, 2010

 

Mouse Speak 08

In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use the search engine Alltheweb to find pictures for me. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have the search engine find pictures for me. Usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.

In Mouse Speak 07 i used pictures from Wikipedia about Aa, which is the name of some rivers, brooks, etc. in the Netherlands. But the name is also used for small rivers in Germany and Switzerland amongst others. I chose three pictures of the Aa in these countries and reworked them in a more expressionist way because of the sheer romanticism of the pictures.

Reworking of this picture from Wikipedia. Click on the picture to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010.

The original picture shows the oil mill in the Schaler Aa at Halverde, Lower Saxony, Germany. I’ve never been there but it’s probably not really the kind of mill where a fair maiden would have lived. I used black and primary colours to break into the order of green and brown of the original picture. Black is doing the drama, while read, blue and yellow are onlookers.

Reworking of this picture from Wikipedia. Click to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010.

The original picture shows the Engelberger Aa in Unterwalden, Switzerland. I have never been there but it looks like any picture of a mountain stream in Europe. And again it’s very green. I have tried to change the context and roughly imposed some raw romantic thoughts on the scene.

Reworking of this picture from Wikipedia. Click to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010.

And another Aa in Switzerland. The original picture shows the Mönchaltdorfer Aa in the canton of Zürich. The original picture was clearly taken for the reflection of the trees in the water on a sunny day. I used an extremely simple solution to rework the picture and to push the idyllic idea of the reflection to the background while using it.

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook