zondag, april 04, 2010

 

Mouse Speak 09

Reworking of this picture from this website. Click on the picture to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010.

[In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use the search engine Alltheweb to find pictures for me. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have the search engine find pictures for me. Usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.]

The next word in my encyclopaedia is Aba. It says it is the name of quite a few places in quite a few countries. Amongst others it is a city in Nigeria and a village in Hungary.

However my search engine would have nothing of that. Most pictures it presented were about a dinner party, about cars or about animals.

The dinner party pictures are not at all interesting for outsiders like me. I don’t know the people. They all wear suits and so the gentlemen look quite exchangeable. There are few women on the pictures. I don’t know if the diners are sympathetic or unsympathetic. However the room where they are looks a bit antiquish. So i chose a picture where the background could play a role. It is a bit strange: the dining people don’t seem to be the main characters of the story; they look like extra actors. I think it is because of the room, but their greyish clothes also make them uninteresting and uncharismatic against the brownish backdrop.
I gave the dining persons their own colours and paid attention to the waiter in the background.

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger Sean Jeating said...

    I love both pre- and after-dinner-speeches. ...

    maandag 5 april 2010 om 00:41:00 CEST  
    Blogger VLR said...

    I´m sure the gentleman in the picture is talking out of the blue...

    BP

    dinsdag 18 mei 2010 om 00:52:00 CEST  
    Blogger Sean Jeating said...

    Ha ha ...

    dinsdag 18 mei 2010 om 00:55:00 CEST  
    Blogger VLR said...

    Oder ins Blaue hinein?

    dinsdag 18 mei 2010 om 00:57:00 CEST  
    Blogger Sean Jeating said...

    Hm. For sure he is reading his speech from the white.

    dinsdag 18 mei 2010 om 01:02:00 CEST  

    Een reactie posten

    << Home