donderdag, maart 17, 2011

 

Mouse Speak 22


Reworking of this picture from this web site. Click on the picture to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2011.

[In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have a search engine find pictures for me. usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.]

I typed the short Dutch word ´af´, in English ´off´ or ´down´. So it could be expected that the search engine would find some gruesome pictures for me. And indeed i stumbled across the original of this picture of a dog whose legs were cut off by its owner´s neighbour, somewhere in Belgium. Now i am not well known for my great love for dogs, as more intimate Villa visitors know, but i think there is a great sense of patience in this picture. The dog seems to have accepted its terrible fate.

How to rework such a picture? I could do nothing about the solemn and restrained expression of it. To make it grotesque would be too easy and probably not funny at all. The best thing would be to take the colour of the blood, the white of the dog´s hair and a rather un-virgin dark blue to get rid of any photographic sense of space. Moreover i rotated the picture to create a new shape which might be as lovely or as gruesome as the viewer wishes it to be.

BP

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook