donderdag, september 23, 2010

 

Mouse speak 17


Reworking of this picture from this website. Click to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010

[In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use the search engine Alltheweb to find pictures for me. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have the search engine find pictures for me. Usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.]

When typing the word ‘ad’, Alltheweb also found some pictures of computer games. Computer games are highly sophisticated these days. They give the gamer the idea of being a real hero - or criminal, or a combination of the two – in a quasi real world. They give us the opportunity to combat evil. In this case evil is a spider. Undoubtedly one can gain points by eliminating the evil spider as soon and as shrewdly as possible. But after defeating the spider there will probably be a new evil to defeat. So the good will never exist without the evil.

To get rid of these more or less philosophical ideas i turned the picture upside down and treated it as an abstract painting. But did i really get rid of those ideas? At least they made me do what i did...

BP

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook