maandag, augustus 23, 2010

 

Mouse speak 16


Reworking of this picture from this website. Click to enlarge. Copyright Villa La Repubblica 2010


[In this series I rework pictures from the internet, using my mouse and the paint facility. I use the search engine Alltheweb to find pictures for me. I use existing words from the Dutch dictionary and encyclopaedia to have the search engine find pictures for me. Usually it finds unexpected things. I also use Wikipedia pictures now and then. Click here and scroll to see the whole series.]

The next word i gave my search engine was ‘ad’. Ad is a Dutch boys name, usually short for Adriaan. But of course the search engine found especially pictures of advertisements.

In the margin of commerce things are offered that seem to be useless already in the way they are presented to the consumer. Of course we know that kind of stuff from magazines and from television. By their apparent stupidity these ads and commercials don´t seem to work, but they probably do, otherwise they wouldn´t be there.

For this Mouse speak i reworked one of these senseless ads. The whole thing seems to be shouting at you that the product is cheap, smart, high-tech and there is even bit of magic involved. If you look at the original you see too much text. But there is system in it. It is probably a way of overpowering the consumer. So i couldn´t help doing something with these texts. As i couldn´t help turning this boy´s dream into some kind of nightmare.

BP

Labels:

  • CONTACT
  • Facebook